Saturday 2 April 2011

Happy Birthday Mam.

My mam would have been 86 today.She was quite a woman, she didn't have an easy life.  In fact just as her life started to get a little easier, the Good Lord took her.  She passed away peacefully, reading the tv listings on April 26th 2003.

I could write reams and reams about her and our relationship, but not today.  Today I just want to remember her.  It is Mothers Day here in the UK tomorrow, so her loss is a double dose this weekend. I will just say, if you still have your mum, whether you have a good, bad or indifferent relationship with her.  Once she has gone, you will never ever feel the same.  Once your mother has gone, a place in your heart and soul will feel bereft and lonely.

Happy Birthday Mam, hope you are dancing in Heaven.

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel, but smile tomorrow and be glad she was your Mum. I will for mine!
    Caring hugs
    joZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you're feeling. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to Mam in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more darlin. I miss my Mum every single day and wonder just how I have coped without her for nearly 27 years. Maybe because she is making sure that I am ok "from a distance" xx That's what Mum's do in heaven isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete